FOR TWO YEARS AFTER YOUR HOME IS BUILT, GOODWYN BUILDING GUARANTEES THAT YOUR HEATING AND COOLING COSTS WILL NOT EXCEED A PREDETERMINED USAGE IN ANY ONE-YEAR PERIOD OR YOU WILL BE REIMBURSED!
Goodwyn Building’s mission is to provide a quality, energy efficient home that is affordable to buy AND own. Therefore, we are proud to offer homeowners the most comprehensive High Performance Guarantee. Every home is built with George Goodwyn’s uncompromising standards and with the most high performance construction techniques and products available.
Every Goodwyn Building home is tested to ensure that it upholds our high quality standards and can stand up to the High Performance Guarantee we offer with every home built. With Goodwyn Building, you get a quality home for the least amount of money AND monthly utility bills!
You'll see the differences every day in your new energy efficient home by Goodwyn Building.
- Reduced energy bills
- Healthier indoor air
- Increased value
- Reduced reliance on natural resources
- Lower greenhouse gas output
Goodwyn Building offers something that most homebuilders do not.
We guarantee what your power bill will be because we believe in the quality of our homes.
How the Power Bill Guarantee Program works:
- Goodwyn Building has a set of standards to ensure that your home is the most energy efficient and high performance home around. This includes the utilization of matched HVAC Equipment, 14 SEER Electric Air-to-Air Heat Pump, R-4.2 ductwork located in conditioned space, 6” open-cell sprayed foam roof deck insulation, 3.5” open-cell sprayed foam exterior walls, slab floor, double pane Low-E vinyl windows, and metal poly-core french and solid-core doors. Our homes are substantially more energy efficient than homes built to the minimum code requirements.
- For Goodwyn Building to measure your heating and cooling cost, Goodwyn Building will be installing an Efergy Energy Monitoring Meter. This meter will measure all the electricity used on the inside and outside heating and cooling equipment. The amount of electrical power that is used is registered wirelessly to the Efergy Meter that Goodwyn Building will leave in a kitchen cabinet. This meter stores the historical data during your two-year guarantee.
- When you close with Goodwyn Building, you will sign a Goodwyn Building High Performance Guarantee. This agreement will state that Goodwyn Building guarantees that the annual energy consumption for operating the heating and cooling system for two years will not exceed an average of $53.00/month.
- If you’re annual utility bill exceeds the amount predicted by Goodwyn Building, Goodwyn Building will refund you the difference. If this happens, you will submit your claim in writing with your copies of the monthly power bills within 90 days of each annual period of the guarantee to Goodwyn Building.